Seganosa has been approved by the Directorate General of the Merchant Navy to issue the specialty certificates listed below in accordance with the provisions of Order FOM 2296/2002, of 4th September (BOE no. 226, of 20th September), which regulates the training programs for professional qualifications of Deck/Engine Seafarer of the Merchant Navy, and Port Skipper, as well as the specialty professional competence certifications.
References: Regulation VI/3 STCW Convention; Section A-VI/3 and Code and Table A-VI/3. IMO 2.03
- The aim of this training is to teach the techniques and procedures of action so that the student can
- Control fire-fighting operations on board
- Organize and train fire-fighting crews
- Inspect and maintain fire detection and fire extinguishing systems and equipment
- Investigate and collect reports on incidents on fire sites
Advanced Fire Fighting Update
Continued compliance with the standards of proficiency for the Advanced Fire Fighting Certificate must be demonstrated by the successful passing of the following proficiency assessment tests:
- Control of on-board fire-fighting operations
- Organization and training firefighting crews
- Inspection and maintenance of fire detection and fire extinguishing systems and equipments
- Investigation and collection of reports on fire sites
Basic Maritime Training
The aim of this training is to teach the techniques and procedures of action so that the student can:
- Learn how to behave and the procedures to follow in case of abandonment of the ship
- Know how to apply first aid to a victim
- Maintain good human relations on board and ensure work safety
Update of Basic Maritime Training
Continued compliance with the standards of competence of the Basic Safety Training Certificate shall be demonstrated by successful passing of the following proficiency assessment tests
- Personal survival techniques, as specified in Table A-VI/1-1.
- Fire prevention and firefighting, as specified in Table A-VI/1-2.